CHRISTMAS!!!! We LOVE Christmas in my house, and the Advent calendar is one of those things we always say “We should get one this year..”. Well, I finally did it and of course I had to make it more complicated than it needed to be! Obviously it needed an Arduino!
The circuit is really simple. There’s a button that just increments a number up to 25. The lights all turn off, then turn back on up to the current day counter. Using the RGB LEDs gives you tons of opportunity to animate the lights or choose specific colors, so there’s lot of options. You can even change it for next year!
The code is available on my GitHub, grab it if you’re wanting to make one on your own!
(purchasing via these affiliate links supports ILTMS)
- SawStop cabinet saw
- Dewalt DW735 benchtop planer
- Orbital Sander
- Jigsaw (if you don’t have a bandsaw)
- Grizzly 14″ Bandsaw
- Grizzly Drill Press (WAAAAY overpriced (3x) on Amazon, buy from Grizzly directly.)
- Shop Fox Hanging Air Filter
- 2HP Dust Collector
- 1 Micron bag
- Classic steel ruler (cork backed)
- Spray lacquer
- Glue gun